Google Analytics

Saturday 9 May 2009

Opa and out

Finally finished the Opa socks last weekend, although am still toying with the idea of inserting some elastic into the top.. I made a pair of socks for the recipient last year also (ok, I acknowledge my lack of imagination, but what else can you give a soon-to-be 93 year old Priest for his Birthday??) and although he loved them, he did mention that they tended to sag a little at the tops.
Could be because those were the second pair of socks I made in my life and amittedly I think one was slightly bigger than the other. Oh well, now I've gotten through a whole two more pairs I have infinitely more experience!
Here they are below as modelled by M in this season's style of wearing one slightly less pulled up than the other:
Perhaps not the most attractive socks ever, and not the most exciting yarn (Regia '4-fach haltbar') but at least they are machine washable and Opa Ernst likes red.

1 comment: