Google Analytics

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Swapsies

While in Sweden a couple of weeks ago for a friend's wedding, I met L who was sporting a rather lovely hand-knit merino silk shawl, complete with gold beading. Commenting later on the wedding photos I took, I lamented that I did not get a good shot of it and jokingly asked whether she would make me one. I was expecting a 'yeah right' but got an enthused reply asking what colour I would like - whoo!
After the initial excitement, I thought it might be more fair if I actually made her something in exchange. She requested a 'spring scarf' of either cotton or bamboo, so I swiftly got to work on Knit Picks 'Victorian Spring Scarf' in Bamboo Soft.
Here is the progress so far:

I hope that after a couple more repeats, it may actually start looking like lace rather then seaweed. First time I've used bamboo so it's all rather exciting.
We have set ourselves a deadline of 1 month (exact date TBC) and as we both tend to neglect knitting for ourselves in favour of others, this deal should work out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment