Google Analytics

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Christmas knitting has officially started!

Yes, it's official: I have finished my first Christmas present! This must be a record, and yes I am feeling incredibly smug.. although this most likely means that I will be lulled into a false sense of security and realise by about mid December that I *still* only have one Christmas present completed.
So anyway, it's a start. 

The yarn and pattern for these cosy hand warmers actually came from iKnit day way back when. You may recall this post.
Using the lovely Debonnaire DK merino/alpaca yarn was an absolute pleasure after my prolonged diet for lace-weight. There's something so satisfying about handling yarn that has a bit of body:


The finished result was super soft, and rather larger than expected. I think these are the type of hand warmers that will go perfectly over a pair of long leather gloves.

One down.. and *how* many to go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment