Google Analytics

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Wreath encounter

Ok, first of all apologies for the shamelessly cheesy title - I just couldn't help myself. Second of all, where did November go? Surely the proliferation of comedy moustaches should have been a warning in itself.. Oh well, time to get into the Christmas spirit.

And nothing gets me into the Christmas spirit more effectively than a visit to the countryside at this time of year. You may remember last year's wreaths? It was once again time to raid my parents' garden for greenery and get busy with the green wire.


As usual I didn't really have a set idea of what I wanted, but gradually something resembling what I was after was built up:





The finished article:


Of course it not only has to *look* like Christmas, but also *smell* like it. Hence the need to realise this 'pain d'epices' recipe. Mmmmm..


A bit like gingerbread, but the type you can legitimately have for lunch with butter and cheese!
At least a little of the Christmas spirit was spread to London:


I feel slightly more ready for December now.





No comments:

Post a Comment