Google Analytics

Thursday 15 September 2011

It's a wrap

I've had fun wire-wrapping jewellery for a number of years, but without any official instruction. When my friend C suggested we book the 'wire wrapped jewellery' course at Make Lounge last week, I saw this as a sign to stop fudging it and learn how to do it properly.

Our instructor was the ever-patient Tara who also teaches Design Technology to secondary school pupils (which I can only assume accounts to her infinite patience) and designs her own jewellery - more than qualified then, to teach a bunch of craftily inclined ladies over a glass of wine on a Wednesday evening.

We began by doing a series of test wrappings using the various tools and findings:


All pretty straightforward, so soon we were all crowded around the array of beads laid out for us to choose from in order to make our own projects. I tried not to drool too much.

Here were my chosen materials: pearls of various hues with 'antique gold' findings and chains:


Much wrapping later and I had what I wanted:


There was still a little time left over so I also swung together a long necklace with extra chain bits which I thought could be quite fetching:


Oh and I also took a cheeky snap of the instructions seeing as my brain seems to mainly consist of teflon nowadays:


A very nice and relaxed evening, and I certainly have my beading mojo back as well as my interest in Make Lounge. In fact I may be back very soon to try my hand at the various other classes they offer..

No comments:

Post a Comment