Google Analytics

Thursday 22 October 2009

In-vestment

For M's sister's new arrival I thought it nice to create something a bit different. Seeing as I'd never cabled before, this appeared to be a good place to start.

Rowan Purelife Cotton was the obvious choice for this very environment-conscious mother, and it was surprisingly soft and pleasant to work with. Cabling was also thankfully easy one I got my head around it, and have now developed a rather unorthodox cabling-without-cable-needle technique after having left a certain key item at home when visiting my parents one weekend..
Hm, picking up stitches to do the edging is certainly not my forte, but I managed to fudge through and it looks acceptable.


Pearly buttons from the growing button stash:


And for comic effect:


Anyhow, it has now been sent off with M who is in Germany this weekend. Much more reliable than the current postal service I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment