Google Analytics

Sunday 13 January 2013

Menagerie a trois

Once upon a time, there was a duck-billed platypus, a blue-footed booby and a monkey.. sound good  so far? That's the story that's currently being played out in my flat as a result of my feverish pre and post Christmas knitting.

You may remember the platypus hot water bottle cover knitted the previous Christmas? Well, I decided that our household needed on of it's own. This time in more natural colours:


He's already had one test-run and it's now proven that nothing makes you feel better quicker than a hot platypus on your tummy.

 After spotting this pattern, how could I resist making this for a friend's Christmas present? This is Bob the blue-footed booby:


Booby moon walk:


 He will be handed over to his new home shortly.

And then there's the monkey. His looong limbs make it impossible not to want to bend him into comedy poses:




Hm, can I bear to part with him? Well, we will see. In the meantime, here's the gang hanging out:


Oh, and I did decide to make a little something for myself also. I was lucky enough to receive a Kindle for Christmas, so of course I couldn't leave it exposed to the elements. Thanks to this handy patten, it now resides in it's own little 'flame-lace' (Kindle, flame - get it??) cosy.


Well, that's it for now but I can exclusively reveal that I have another project on the way which could be very exciting (for me at least) indeed. Will keep you posted..

No comments:

Post a Comment