Having been inspired by a recent crafty session with my friend M, I decided that it was time to rummage through my jewellery box and see if there wasn't anything that could be 're-fashioned'.
Some fiddling and experimentation later, this bracelet emerged:
Something of an amalgamation of spare parts, but seems to fit alright.
Spurred on by this, I moved my attention on to rings. Ages ago I bought a pinkish stone from Swarovski, but never quite managed to decide what to do with it.
By this time, I had managed to cover the entire dining table in bits of crap so had a good overview of my inventory. Grabbing a ring base, silver wire and the stone, I decided it was time to try some wire-wrapping. The first attempt failed miserably and I ended up with a long unravelling piece of wire resembling a rather relaxed spring.
The second attempt was better, as I managed to increase the tension and keep the wire in place:
Quite satisfying really! Now we will just have to wait and see if I use either of them..