Google Analytics

Sunday 24 June 2012

Bunnies & vacuum cleaners

Is it me, or does here seem to have been a slight explosion of all things Scandinavian? Food, clothing, interiors, packaging.. it's all gone stylishly minimalist. Even the mean streets of Surrey are getting a taste, as I discovered last time I was out that way and stumbled upon the new interiors shop Scandi Living near Hindhead.



In fact it was opening day, so it would have been rude not to go. Especially as they also boast a little cafe selling Swedish baked treats..

It turned out to be a very cute little place selling what I would judge to be the full range of Scandi-inspired interior bits: cushions, fabric, crockery, lamps, scarves etc, all in gloriously muted tones of blue, beige and cream. The things I loved most were probably the children's items though. Especially these super-cute cushions below:


 Before we left we of course had to get something for afternoon tea: proper cinnamon buns and a pair of vacuum cleaners:


Meanwhile in craft land: Making baby clothes is always fun, but I've realised that making baby toys is even better. The last week or so has been taken up by furiously knitting this little chap:


I have to say that he did look better once he got some clothes on:


Hence his pattern name 'Well-dressed Bunny'.


I actually had to re-knit his vest as the first one turned out waaay too big for some reason. Probably confirms what I've always suspected: I am a loose knitter ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment