Google Analytics

Thursday 4 August 2011

Radiance Revealed

Quite some time ago now, the talented Craft Actually published her very pretty Radiance pattern. I had never really given semi-circular shawls much of my attention before, but this one was different. This one had ruffles. This one had and attractive bands of varying pattern and texture. I was sold.

So it was from humble beginnings at Singapore Airport that my Radiance began it's development.

Worth noting that beautiful bright saffron colour which H decided to use for her first Radiance, while I nurtured my rebellious side and decided that my Radiance should be a contradictory BLACK. The selected super-fine yarn came from my adventures in Stockholm.

So after much work and just a couple of mistakes, Black Radiance was born. (Apologies for the atrocious blocking towels):


Just in time to complete my look for E's wedding:


The shawl went perfectly with the vintage dress nicked from my mum and slightly modified by me. Apparently she wore it to a wedding about 3o years ago, so I think it only fair that it get a second nuptial outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment