Google Analytics

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Whimsical winnings

I'm usually not one for entering competitions (usually because I never win), but there was something about The Make Lounge's tempting promise of giving away the new 'Everything Alice' craft book that made we want to just have a go. The concept was easy enough: just say what you love about 'Alice in Wonderland'.

Being a huge Wabberjocky fan, I cobbled this together:

"Callooh! Callay! All things Alice bring me such frabjous joy, that not many things can outgrabe. Having a passion for all things quirky and creative, this book will have me galumphing to the craft shop and whiffling back home to get started on some brillig project or other!"

Poetic no? Well, I thought no more of it until an email from Jennifer at The Make Lounge graced my in-box last Friday and announced I was one of the lucky winners! That did make my Friday :)

The nice folks from Quadrille Publishing were pretty quick in getting the prizes sent out too, for already today I could be found leafing through the pages of 'Everything Alice':


Very inspiring indeed, and a great mix of projects to choose, from jewellery to tea-pot cakes. I'll keep you posted on any upcoming projects, and thanks to The Make Lounge and Quadrille for their generosity! I'm off to my vorpal sewing machine..

No comments:

Post a Comment